Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Here we go!!

Announcing the inaugural North Country Sacred Harp Singing!!

It's tonight!



 photo by Kevin Griffin Moreno



Wednesday, May 1 2013

6:45pm until about 9 or 9:30pm
Randolph, NH

It's unlikely that these singings will always take place on Wednesday nights, but we have to start somewhere, right?

Contact me at carlygoss-at-gmail-dot-com if you want to come and need directions!

I am very much looking forward to singing with a regular group up here.  Tonight we'll start slow.  We will have a small group of folks (unless you come!  prove me wrong and make it a big group!). We'll take our time and go over the shapes and the different voice parts.  Don't worry.  We'll go easy on you.

Some people will come to sing because they've sung Sacred Harp before, and they love it.  Others will come because they sing other types of music and are curious about what this is all about.  Others will come because I hounded and hounded until they finally agreed it would just be easier to come sing their faces off than to fend me off any longer...

And of course, some will come for the food.

We'll see you soon!
In the meantime, enjoy this short series of videos of me and a bunch of my friends singing over the past few years.

2 comments: