Monday, June 3, 2013

Old Hundred

About a week ago we held the second North Country Sacred Harp singing.  This time, we sang at WREN 921, the space in Berlin where we will hold our upcoming singing school series.  We had seven singers, all of them women, but one.  Most of these gals had only sung shapenote music a couple of times, or not at all, so I think this is a pretty killer start!

I made this recording with my iPhone and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing, so it's basically just a black screen that I uploaded to YouTube, but hey...  you get the picture.  Maybe next time there will be actual moving images!


I'm really looking forward to teaching the first singing school in the series this coming Saturday evening! We'll meet at WREN 921 and sing our faces off from 6 until 9pm. Quick break for snacks around 7:30. Bring something to share!

Singing the Shapes: A Singing School in Four Parts
Saturday, June 8th 2013
6pm - 9pm
921 Main Street
Berlin, NH

No comments:

Post a Comment